Thursday, December 26, 2013

34 Weeks, We're 8 1/2 In!

(I've been a little busy so I'm a little behind in posting this weeks blog but please get used to the delay- it seems it might be happening more often with traveling, a baby shower & then A BABY coming all very soon. Hang in there with me, I'll still keep y'all updated) :)

First off, let me give a little shout out to a new baby girl that has entered the world. My cousin-in-law had a beautiful baby, Callie Grace. And my gosh- she is gorgeous! She looks just like her mommy- I couldn't be happier for the new family of 3! Love y'all and bless that little girl of yours!

I'm a sucker for babies these days... I wonder why?

We've made it to 34 weeks! It hasn't been easy but this long road is almost over. It's all down hill now right? ;)

This week has been spent baking and cleaning and finalizing all Christmas shopping. (Mine was done weeks ago, but you know how men like to do theirs last minute).... Then we were blessed to spend our Christmas week with the Turner side of our family.

As this week rolled around, I was feeling more pregnant than usual. The heartburn really is insane and the exhaustion is real. For the first part of the week, I wanted to be in bed by 8:00 but then family came and I suppose with things to do and family to hang out with that I started feeling better and was a little bit night owl (staying up later than usual anyway). I've slept fantastic for the last half of the week. Almost feeling like I could sleep in.. almost being the key word.

Christmas Eve & Christmas this year were absolutely to remember. We had such a wonderful time together. Great food, Good conversation & A lot of fun.

There were matching pajamas and our Christmas elf, Joseph. There was breakfast casserole and baked ziti and a nice Christmas dinner. There was A Christmas Story & Anchorman 2. There were 2 reindeer dogs and lots of surprises under the tree. There was laughter and joy filling our house. There was family- It was a memorable few days.

 
It was also Joseph & my 1st Christmas. I'd say it was a great first one together. I felt like the day was full of so much love between the two of us- more than usual ..if that's possible. I won't get into details but I am such a happy girl to have this wonderful man in my life. Truly a blessing to be a mommy & daddy together, to be married and to be this happy and in love.


Christmas is not about the presents and what you receive but I would like to note that this year I couldn't have been more spoiled by both sides of our family and by my husband. I'm such a lucky girl. Thank you, thank you, thank you again to everyone! Caroline received all kinds of goodies too, and she's not even here.. yet.

 
Blessed to have family that helps us plan for our little one. Caroline got a Pack'n'Play for our many trips we have planned and her visits with her Grandparents. She got her beautiful crib with gorgeous bedding. She got her travel system stroller & car seat. She got new decorations for her room and she got lots of new clothes and blankets. Mommy is ecstatic!

Today I have my 34 week doctors appointment. Just another routine check up. And then an ultrasound next week! Can't wait to see our girl :)

Tomorrow we go to Niceville for the weekend! Yay! We're very excited to see the Robb side of our family! It's going to be a good, much needed trip!

How far along? 34 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: You gain weight when your pregnant? Weird.... haha (I don't want to talk about it).
Maternity Clothes? Christmas brought me new outfits! Yay, maternity clothing!
Stretch Marks? Still the same. Blah.
Sleep: I'm now getting up once in the middle of the night & I'm still throwing off the covers. The best feeling ever was waking up after forgetting to turn the heat on the night before- our house was 60 degrees which = one happy prego momma
Best moment(s) this week: Having family down for the holidays and her aunts feeling Caroline in my belly for their first time
Miss anything?: A mimosa on Christmas is too much to ask for.. I'll catch up next year.
Movement: She's crazy strong. Her movements are very precise.
Food cravings: String cheese, I must have string cheese.
Labor Signs: Still feeling the contractions- some are worse than others.
Belly Button in or out? Innie!
What I am looking forward to: My doctor's appointment later today, seeing our Niceville family over the weekend & our ultrasound on Monday!
Weekly Wisdom: Eat smaller meals- they mean it when the doctors and books tell you that.