Monday, September 29, 2014

Cleaning out the closet.. literally.

It's no secret that babiess grow. And when they do, they outgrow their precious little baby clothes.

Well, with moving coming up in just a few short months, I'm trying to make things easier on myself by slowly packing the things that we don't need on a daily basis. Where did I start? Caroline's room- because it seemed more fun than any other room.

Probably not the best place though in hindsight , seeing as how it gets my emotions going and the fact that I just want to sit and reminisce about every little outfit & the times my baby wore it. My little is becoming so grown. It was just yesterday she was in her layettes and her little mittens. Now she is wearing her footed pajamas, ruffled rompers and there are no mittens in sight.. or shoes that fit her for that matter.

Getting back on track though.. I'm packing up Caroline's clothes and accessories that no longer fit her.

Mittens, Hats, Socks, Shoes & little baby bows....it's time to go. 
Newborn...Box it.
0-3 Months...Box it.
3-6 Months...Box it.
6-9 Months...You're not too far from being in a box.

And as I fold some of these items to put them into a Rubbermaid I realize that about half of these items of clothing she never even got to wear! It makes me sad to think that they're just going into a box. Some of these things I forgot she even had. Looking at some of this stuff brings back happy little memories of our little baby in the beginning. How tiny she was. How new she was. 

Although I feel like I'm putting so much in boxes, I turn to look at the closet and it's still incredibly full. Goodness, this child has so much clothes. A little fashionista she is.
As I'm straighten up her new, less full, closet it hits me, more concrete than it has been before- that I definitely will be wanting another little girl in the future.

I always wanted 3 babies. 2 boys and a girl. When I was younger I had it all figured out that I was going to have a boy, a girl and then another little boy. 2 boys surrounding our little princess in the middle, her protectors.

Well you know what they say:
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. 
I wouldn't change the way things turned out for anything. I love that we have our little girl. She's more than I could've ever asked for. God had a plan, He knew what we needed. Time for a new "plan."

I've more recently decided on wanting 5 children- I love being a mom. My husband assures me that there is no way that we will be having 5 little boys & girls running around. I think it's a great number- we will see if we can't do some negotiating. He likes even numbers, maybe we can agree on 4?  

We'll just take it one day at a time.....or one kid at a time ;)

What I'm trying to get at is that I can't imagine not seeing these little clothes again. And making more memories in them. Whether God decides to bless us with another little girl in the future, or I pass them on to a niece of mine ;) I can't wait to pull them out again!